10 SUPERFOODS I THINK YOU SHOULD KNOW!
Here’s the list:
1. One quarter to one teaspoon of Cinnamon with food helps metabolize sugar up to 20 times better than food not eaten with cinnamon.
2. An organic medium Banana has 30% of the day’s vitamin B6, which helps the brain produce mellowing serotonin, a stress reducing hormone.
3. A low sugar Organic Coconut Water has just as many electrolytes as a gatorade for healthier post workout or hang over hydration.
4. Organic Ginger helps stimulate your digestive system! So if you have gas, constipation, nausea, bloating, or even vomiting, have a cup of ginger tea!
5. Organic Garlic practically beats cold syrup in fighting colds. It is a powerful natural healer that was popular with the ancient Greeks and Romans. In addition it can lower blood pressure, prevent cancer and thanks to it’s liver stimulating enzymes, it aides in body detoxification.
6. Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (or ACV if you’re feeling fancy) helps to maintain a healthy pH balance in your body by stimulating the cardiovascular system, naturally aiding in waste elimination and cleansing the liver. If you have allergies, you can take ACV to help the body break down mucous.
7. In about two tablespoons of Organic Chia Seeds you have 11 grams of fiber, 4 grams of protein, 5 grams of Omega-3, and 18% of your recommended daily amount of calcium. They’re gluten-free whole grain packed with free radical fighting anti oxidants. Super powers indeed!
8. I was extremely happy to find out the grain seed Quinoa is not only vitamin and mineral packed, but it also has all eight essential amino acids making it a whole protein!
9. Hopefully you enjoy a lil’ kick in your cooking because Hot Spice added to food has been found to raise your metabolism by 20% for up to 30 minutes after a meal. Weather its hot sauce, cayenne pepper or cooking with spicy peppers, they all result in a boost!
10. Don’t waste your time with Iceberg lettuce. EVER. Kale is the most nutrient dense food on earth! Not a trace of fat in it and only 35 calories per serving. It also has a whopping 5 grams of fiber per serving and just so you know, you only need 25 grams of fiber a day! Impressive. Kale also has more iron per serving than beef. Packed with antioxidants,vitamins A & C, calcium… the list really goes on.